linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snow Friends



Here's a cute little card I made last night. I picked up the Fancy Pants dp one day because I just loved it and put it aside. Then one day I started playing with my Stampin Up Water Color Crayons and an aqua painter and the Snow Friends stamp set from CTMH, and after mixing a couple colours came up with this really cool reddish/burgundyish colour. I was only playing around and I didn't even use water colour paper as it was just supposed to be a rough go but I ended up loving it so much that I kept it the way it was and eventually realized it went great with this dp. When I began to put it together I chose the blue snowflakes in the dp to coordinate with a cardstock and came up with the Brocade Blue from the Stampin Up Rich Regals paper collection. I then did some faux stitching around the dp with the white gel pen and tied that into the scalloped square. Of course I had to add something sparkly so I pulled out the Diamond Stickles and outlined the square. I popped up the stamped image with some dimmensional stickers and once I got to the sentiment inside, I decided to try a very subtle pop and used some Glue Dots glue lines on the white paper to give it a very slight lift from the blue cs. I have to admit I wasn't sure at first about the blue cs but it all seemed to come together and I kept it fairly simple (partially because I didn't have any ribbon to match, lol). I like it!! I'm going to enter this in The Crafty Pad's Challenge #97 Christmas Sparkle as well.

Paper: Fancy Pants Holiday Sentiments dp, Stampin Up Brocade Blue cs
Stamps: CTMH Snow Friends
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up Water Color Crayons
Accessories: Diamond Stickles, Liquid Applique, Large Square and Large Scalloped Square Nestabilities, Labels Four Nestabilities, Inksentials White Gel Pen, clear Bella Bling dots

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fabulous card - lovely image and love your DP paper. Great verse inside the card too. ;) :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The crafty pad this week. ;)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

OMGOSH!! I love the DP with the blue and your coloring is AWESOME. I'm not brave enough to try something new but I so love the look of this!!! A-DOR-ABLE snowman!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...