linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Winter Wonderland


My last Christmas card of the year was another Andrea Walford card. This was part of her 12 Weeks of Christmas Newsletter. All products are Stampin Up except for the shimmer spray which I made using Perfect Pearls and a water mister which was sprayed on the cs behind the snowflakes and the snowflake dp. I love how this card turned out, even though it gave me quite a bit of trouble!! The instructions were to use Stampin Up's Sticky Pages for the snowflakes. I had a lot of trouble with them and my cuttlebug just wouldn't cut through it, no matter how I changed the stack or what paper I used. I wasn't too impressed but I eventually decided to just use a two way glue pen and adhere the dazzling diamonds to the snowflakes that way! I loved making the dp too by sponging the Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery inks onto the paper. It was toned down by sponging some Creamy Caramel to the edges. The snowflakes are from the Serene Snowflakes set and I can already tell will be used alot for holiday cards!!! Well I guess it's time to switch gears, which I'm looking forward to! I've got 10 days off during the Holidays and I plan on playing!! I might try a New Year's card since I found an adorable free image from The Greeting Farm, and I also have some birthday cards to start.
Paper: Stampin Up Ruby Red cs, white cs
Ink: Stampin Up Temping Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel
Stamps: Stampin Up Serene Snowflakes, Bright Christmas
Accessories: Stampin Up Snowflake Sizzix Sizzlits, Tim Holtz Edge Distresser, Dazzling Diamonds, Ranger Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold, Water Mister

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great Card! I love that you have started a blog! Welcome to the addicting world of blogs. I love everything you have posted so far. Great job and I can't wait to check out some more of you work! Happy holidays and happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...