linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Friday, January 30, 2015

Laugh A Little Louder

I have a friend who is having a 'milestone' birthday next week, so I thought I'd think about making her card.  I knew I wanted to do some watercoloring again, but this time I just wanted to play with a background, not colour an image.  So I decided on two colours, I used my Distress Inks and smooshed them on my craft mat and then added some water with my brush.  Before adding the watercolour to my card, I made sure to saturate it with clean water first.  I loved how the ink spread when I touched the paper with the brush!!  This was fun, and I can't wait to play some more.



I added a tiny bit of sparkle with my Wink of Stella pen and flicked a bit of my new Hero Arts Silver Metallic Spray onto my background.

I used another Unity Stamp, this one is from the Far Better Things Ahead grab bag of stamps.  It's one of a bundle of 5 stamps that I received free with one of my Unity orders :)  Gotta love that!!!!  And I loved this sentiment.  I think it's perfect for her, we've been friends a long time.  The flower and stem is from the KOM - Warmth of Winter.

Turns out I can enter this as well in Unity's 'be inspired' Challenge #24 since my colours fit again.  That really wasn't intentional this time :)




I'm also entering my card in today's Friends With Flair on the Unity Blog



Stamps:  Unity Far Better Things Ahead grab bag, Unity KOM December 2014 - Warmth of Winter
Paper:  Simple Stories The Story of Us, SU watercolour paper and Pool Party cs
Ink:  Picked Raspberry and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Hero Arts Silver Metallic Shimmer Spray, Wink of Stella Clear, SU Pool Party twine, CTMH double sided tape


23 comments:

Bananastamper said...

This is so fun! Way to go with all your experimenting!

Unknown said...

Love the way you put these stamps together.

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Crystal said...

Beautiful card and I love your blended background! I will have to try this technique!

Ruby said...

Very pretty card. It is fun playing with ink and water.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

I LOVE everything about this happy card! Great background and wonderful image/sentiment - love it!

Amy Martin said...

This is so fun and pretty. I love the stamp and your background is so neat. Beautiful job.

snappy scrappy said...

Very Pretty!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So soft and beautiful!

Kimberly Kett said...

This card is so pretty, loving the blended background!

D- said...

Love your pretty watercolors. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
{I came over from the Unity Friends with Flair challenge}
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

Janis said...

She's going to love this card. The black ink against the soft watercolor background is perfect for this sweet sentiment. Love the bold stripes on the base, too. Saw you on FWF. TFS!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Gaylynn said...

Such a pretty and meaningful card. I must have overlooked that sentiment stamp. Lovely work with it.

Lagene said...

Lovely watercolor background, pretty card! I saw this on Unity's Friday Friends with Flair!

Iris said...

So pretty - love the watercolors.
isoscia at aol dot com

Donna K said...

Such lovely colors, perfect for the inspiration challenge! Wonderful sentiment too! Hope you're having a great weekend! xx Donna k

cheiron said...

Such a gorgeous inked background. Thank you so much for joining us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week :)

Dawn Fields said...

Very pretty card! Fabulous card design!

Tracy said...

Such a lovely card Caroline :)
You are having so much fun with your watercolours :)
I Love this sentiment, I can see why you like it so much :)

Miwa said...

Beautiful card, love the colors!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

I love that saying -
simply because it is so true!

See you soon !

Kelli Haglund said...

Love how this flows so nicely together. You have a great card.

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love the blended background and I also love the diagonal stripe paper as the mat it really helps the main part of your card stand out.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love the watercoloring so pretty!!!! thanks so much for playing along with us this month!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...