linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

3rd Art Journal Page - Sneak Peek

Just sharing some photos of my test page and early stages of my Art Journal page for my Love/Valentine Challenge with Tracy.  I always like to try out new techniques and mediums in my test journal.  Here I was trying out my new Gelatos.  These and my PITT pens were part of my Christmas gift from hubby.  I wanted to create a background with them and I experimented over gesso and plain paper.  I also stamped over it with Archival Ink and tried a little drippage too using some Heidi Swapp Color Shine :)


And here are a couple photos of the beginning stages of my actual Art Journal page.


I thought I wanted to collage some random pieces of paper to add interest to the background.  


I applied a coat of gesso and began to colour my page with the Gelatos.  At this point my Gelatos and I were not friends.  I did not like the coverage, and it seemed that no matter what I did, because my pages are not flat anymore, there is warping and texture, I couldn't get them to blend the way I was hoping.


So then I just covered it up :)  After this, things began to fall into place.  I'll share my completed pages tomorrow!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...