linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Art Journal Reveal - Happy Halloween

Here it is - another art journal page completed :)  As I mentioned in my last post Tracy and I had decided on a collage or halloween theme for this challenge.  I went with the halloween theme obviously :)  I was inspired by the pumpkin on a halloween tagI saw here.


I started by first applying some Tim Holtz rub-ons to my pages as I love this resist look after applying colour.  I dug into my halloween stash and found some black patterned papers from an older paper pad from My Mind's Eye called Mischievous and stamped the pumpkin from the Stamper's Anonymous Halloween Blueprints stamp set a few times.  I laid out the pumpkins and the tree (which was cut on my Silhouette) so I could see where I wanted the rubons.  Next I applied some texture paste with the Harlequin stencil in a few empty areas and let that dry.


Once the texture paste was dry I applied Distress Spray Stains in Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive and Seedless Preserves.  I misted with water to help the colours blend and then dried with my heat gun.  After that it was just a matter of adhering the pumpkins and tree with my collage glue stick.  I wanted to give some dimension to the front pumpkin by cutting out smaller sections and using some glue dots to pop them up a bit.  


In order to 'ground' the images I used a Black Soot Distress Marker to outline the tree and pumpkins and smudged it with my finger to blend.  You can see the difference in the photo below.


Last was to add some splatters of Black Soot Distress Spray Stain and a couple mists of Brushed Pewter Distress Stain and that was it.  


Hope you enjoyed the process :)  You can find Tracy's journal page here.  I love the silhouette images and how she created them.  And her moon is awesome!!

I'm entering this in Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes and Simon Says Monday Challenge - Throwback.  For my entry I'm going to back to last October's Challenge O is for.... October of course!!!





11 comments:

Maura said...

Lovely art pages, you've used many of my favorite elements like the rub ons and harlequin stencil :) Thanks for joining us in the throwback challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge this week!

Tracy said...

Such a great page!!!
I love how you used the rub-ons!!
Great texture and love the vibrant colours.
Your tree is very spooky-like and this pumpkins…love the texture with the pattern paper

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous mixed media page. Love the colours, texture and contrast. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
Gayatri xx

Unknown said...

That is a fantastic use of colour! I love this and thank you for entering it on our blog.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! I love how you used the rubons as a resist and the pumpkins are awesome. Great colours too!Thank you for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares.
~~julia~~

JanR said...

Cool page! I love those pumpkins! Thanks for joining us Little Red Wagon.

Karon said...

Fabulous journal page!! Loving all the wonderful colours and that tree! Thanks for joining us for our Tricks and Treats Halloween Emerald Creek Dares Challenge

Karon DT

VintageScrapsCanada said...

great Work Caroline !
I like when you show the steps - It is such a dramatic change form all white to the coloured background,,,,

diana said...

i am a huge fan of art journalling and doing it with a friend is the best!! great page Caroline! thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge1

Katelyn said...

Love the Halloween inspired art journaling page! The colours are fantastic!

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Congratulations on winning Top 3 in the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...