linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Live Simply.....Give Generously - Tim's Tags August 2016

I'm having a crafty weekend :)  It's been so long and I'm so enjoying playing with my stash!!  I decided to play along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 - August Tag.  Looking through my supplies turned out I had pretty much everything I needed.

I didn't take any process pics this time though.


I started by brayering distress stain on the tag and then inking the tag and applying some water droplets for more texture.

After that, I die cut all the pieces using grunge paper and the trellis die and various textured and patterned papers.  This was my first time using grunge paper.  I distressed it with pain and ink and inked the edges of the small insert pieces.  Adhered the pieces to the tag and applied some Remnant Rub-ons, sticker words and ephemera.  My favorite part - since I didn't have any flower dies, I used my Wildflower stencil and black embossing paste to apply the flower - LOVE how that turned out.



The final touch was adding some black soot ink with my distress marker and mist tool and the ribbon which I also used the black soot marker to apply the black accent.  Fun, fun fun!!!



3 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful take! I LOVE the pops of pink and love the paper you used in the frameworks! Very striking take!

Beulah Bee said...

Love the 45 cent ephemera addition--it really works and you are genius for using the wildflower stencil--so clever. Nicely done!

MakaArt said...

Really wonderful tag! ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...