linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Dare To Be Different - Hoop and Canvas

I've been away from blogging far too long!!  but I have been crafting a bit and attending crops when I can :)  We're going back to October '16 here for this one!  I love mixed media, but I need direction still so kits are perfect for me.  This was a kit I picked up from Inky Fairy Designs.  I was intrigued by the canvas and hoop idea.  Scroll down to see the process :)


Had to show you all the supplies that came in the kit!!


I traced the hoop on the canvas then applied a couple layers of gesso.  Next I applied some book paper using multi medium and then a thin wash of gesso on top.


I added colour using gelatos and water, blending with fingers and baby wipes.



Rather than ink I used the Pitt pen to ink the stamp and add some background to the paper flowers.


Colour was added to the flower with the gelatos and then added a spritz of water to wash it out.


And then my all time favorite part, some Ashpalt paste was applied through the stencil.  This stuff is so cool!  Super gritty.


And last but not least placed the canvas in the hoop and coloured the wood with more gelatos and a baby wipe.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...